If you are a tech lover and enjoy using all the new gadgets from Apple, you must be well-versed with everything from iOS to Mac devices. And if you’re that kind of a person then everyone in your family and friends would want to have your support whenever they face some issue with their Apple gadget. However, sometimes you can go to them and guide them through the solution but sometimes it’s not possible for you to be physically present with them. That’s where apple screen share feature comes in handy. The feature allows you to not only see but also control the devices you’re given access to. So, whether you have an iPhone, iPad, iPod or Mac, you can see their screens without the need of third-party software.
Jump To Section:
Mac-To-Mac Screen Sharing
As mentioned earlier, you can have a seamless support experience when it’s possible for you to control others’ devices. Apple screen sharing for Macs allows you to do just that. In fact, it’s possible for you to share your own screen as well. For this, you must go to Sharing section in System Preferences and ensure that there’s a check on ‘Screen Sharing’ checkbox. Now, let’s go through a step-by-step process to share your screens.
- Open Spotlight search and find ‘Screen Sharing’. Launch as you locate it
- A screen sharing dialog box will appear in front of you where you will have to provide Apple ID of other person with whom you want to share your screen
- Now, as you’ll click the ‘Connect’ button on the dialog, they’ll get an invitation from you that asks permission to let you view their screen
- Ask them not just to accept but also select the ‘Control My Screen’ option
This will start screen sharing and you will also be able to control their machine without any third-party software.
An alternate, however, is to start sharing screens through Messages on your Mac. Here is how you can use apple screen share feature with Messages.
- Open Messages of person with whom you want to share screens and click on Details towards top right side of the window.
- Select ‘Ask to share screen’ or ‘Invite to share my screen’
- You’ll see same notification like with the first option described above and will also be able to select screen controlling option as well.
- Once connected, it will also initiate FaceTime Voice Call automatically and give you access to the other person’s screen.
Apple Screen Share For iOS Devices Through Mac
Now that you know how you can use your Mac to access screens of other Macs, let’s get on with how you can access screens of iOS devices using your Mac. This is done by using a built-in developer feature of QuickTime Player a bit differently. When the screen sharing app of Mac is used with the screen casting feature that we’re talking about here, you’ll be able to see all the activities on desired iOS device. However, still it is possible that both the users must have their own Macs as well. Let’s find out how Apple screen share feature works here.
- Start your screen sharing session first. The person whose iOS device has to be accessed must connect it to their Mac with USB cable.
- Launch the QuickTime Player on your machine and click on ‘New Movie Recording’ option in the File Menu.
- When movie window shows up, click on drop down arrow right next to record icon.
- Select iOS device that you want to see and then click on Record.
Once you are done helping them with whatever problems they were facing, the footage can also be saved for them. This will allow them to review how the problem was solved later as well and they can keep it for future reference too.
So, Apple screen share feature can really turn out to be handy if you know how you can share screens and what use you can put it to.
Video Source: YouTube.Com
Check Other Topics:
- iOS 9.2.1 Jailbreak –A How To Guide
- How To Capture Screenshots On Your Apple TV 4K
- Taking Screen Shots On Your New Apple Watch
- Apple Series 2 Watch – What’s Special?