If you’re an iPhone user then you must already be familiar with AirPlay. However, if you’re not then you can consider it as a simply wireless network that is used for sharing different media. When it comes to digital music, for instance, it is possible for you to airplay iPhone and get your favorite songs streamed all over your home with the help of various AirPlay devices. This will allow you to use your iOS device to play music in every room of your house with the help of speakers that are compatible with AirPlay.
You can also use Apple TV for listening to music as well as viewing cover art, song title, artist name and other such details on your Apple TV. So, if this has aroused your interest and you want to airplay iPhone, let’s find out more about AirPlay and how you can use it.
Jump To Section:
- How To Enable AirPlay iPhone To Listen To Digital Audio
- The Concept Of AirPlay Mirroring
- Requirements For AirPlay Mirroring
- How You Can Use AirPlay Mirroring
- Some Important Points To Consider
- How To Turn Off AirPlay Mirroring
How To Enable AirPlay iPhone To Listen To Digital Audio
If you want to airplay iPhone, you will also need to have AirPlay receiver to make it work. For this you can use some third-party speaker system that is AirPlay compatible or you can opt for compatible Apple TV, Airport Express hub, etc. If you have all the necessary components, here are the steps that you will have to follow in order to enable airplay iPhone feature on your device.
- Power both your iPhone as well as the AirPlay receiver and make sure that they’re connected to same wireless connection.
- On your iPhone home screen, tap on Music app for running it. An alternate is to use your Safari browser for setting up AirPlay as well.
- Tap on AirPlay icon. When using Music app, the icon is available near play controls.
- The next screen will show you all the AirPlay devices available. Here you will be able to see the icon for a TV or speaker right in front of every device mentioned on the list. This is, basically, to denote the type of media that will be streamed. Just click ‘AirPlay device’ to start using it.
The Concept Of AirPlay Mirroring
The AirPlay technology from Apple remains to be quite a useful and interesting feature and you can use it for streaming music on your iPhone over Wi-Fi. It didn’t only prove to be helpful in creating your wireless audio system at home but also liberated your music collection from your iOS device. In fact, you can even airplay iPhone when at your friends’ place and can use their speakers for the same.
However, with simple airplay concept, you could only stream audio music. This type of video streaming was made possible with the introduction of AirPlay Mirroring.
Apple introduced this concept with the release of iOS 5 and since then it is available across all the iOS devices. So, if you’re running a later version of iOS, you can be able to display all your stuff from iPhone screen on HDTV. It’s, in fact, the newest dimension of airplay iPhoneconcept.
AirPlay Mirroring isn’t just about streaming content. Rather, it allows you to share the iPhone screen to let everyone else see what you’re browsing on the web or the photos you have on your iPhone. In fact, you can even play a video game and let everyone else see how you are performing.
Requirements For AirPlay Mirroring
If you want to airplay iPhone and take advantage of Mirroring, there are several requirements for that. Here they are:
- You need to have iPhone 4S or iPad 2 or iPad Mini or iPod tough 5th generation at least
- iOS 5 or later
- 2nd-gen Apple TV with tvOS 4.4 at least
- Apple VGA Adapter or Digital AV or
- Working Wi-Fi connection
How You Can Use AirPlay Mirroring
So, if you want to use AirPlay Mirroring, here are the steps that you need to follow.
- To begin with, connect your device and Apple TV to same Wi-Fi connection to start the mirroring process.
- As soon as the connection is established, swipe and reveal the Control Center
- You can find AirPlay button towards right side of your Control Center screen and it is located somewhere around center of this panel
- Tap on AirPlay Mirroring button. Tap Apple TV when the devices’ list shows up
- If you’re running iOS 7-9 then you’ll have to move the slider to green. However, in iOS 10 your iPhone starts mirroring right after you tap that button in step 4.
- Tap Done (you won’t need it on your iOS 10 device).
Congratulations, you have successfully connected your device to Apple TV and it has started mirroring.
Some Important Points To Consider
So, before you airplay iPhone and move to mirroring, there are a few things that you should keep in mind. Here they are:
- Some short delays might be there between what happens on your iPhone screen and it appearing on your Apple TV. Though you may be able to notice these delays, however, they must not get substantial.
- In case of significant delays, this might be happening due to Wi-Fi signal interference or that the connection you’re using may not have enough speed. If that’s the case, ensure that other devices aren’t connected to your Apple TV, make sure no one else is using the network or at least reduce the usage, and make sure that you’ve turned off the Bluetooth on your mirroring device.
- Depending on the content being mirrored and the Apple TV you are using, the image being mirrored might not fill entire screen of your TV and you may be able to see square image having black bars around. It usually happens because of the resolution difference of the screen of your device that you’re mirroring, the content they’re showing, and your TV itself.
How To Turn Off AirPlay Mirroring
So, if you don’t want to airplay iPhone anymore and stop mirroring, you can either disconnect your device being mirrored from Wi-Fi network or simply follow those same steps that you followed while turning it on. Finally, tap Done.
That’s all about airplay iPhone and how you can mirror it to your HDTV. If you have any concerns or queries, get in touch in comments section here.
Video Source: YouTube.Com
Check Other Topics:
- How You Can AirPlay Mirror An iPhone/iPad Running iOS 11 To Samsung Smart TV – Apple TV Not Needed
- How To Shift Your iPhone/iPad Backups To External Hard Disk Drive
- How To Use Snapchat On iPhone – The Right Way
- How To iPhone Restore Without iTunes – What Options Do You Have?